Benefits of Pranayama
- Breathing deeply ensures that you have more life force energy (prana) supplied to every cell of the body. It translates into increased energy levels and vitality in the body.
- Pranayama provides deep relaxation to the body and mind. It helps in calming one’s mind and also improves concentration.
- Pranayama is like a spa session for your inner self. It soothes the nerves and relieves stressed respiration, thus Strengthens the nervous system and respiratory system.
- Reduced breathing rate helps in controlling high blood pressure.
- During pranayama, deep inhalation results in more oxygen supply and extended exhalation means more effective elimination of inner toxis with each breath. It is an excellent cleanser, too.
- It works miracles with the immune system by fater removal of dead cells and rejuvenation of the weaker cells in the body.
- A calm inner self with Pranayama cures insomnia, anxiety, stress and you sleep more peacefully than ever.
- Much improved physical and mental health as well as longevity can be attained by practicing pranayama on a regular basis.
In his book titled ‘Pranayama Aivam Mudra Vigyaan’, Yogaacharya Gopal Krishna Ji has divulged great information and demystified the science of Pranayama techniques. Reading it is worth your time.